Saturday, March 15, 2008

Not Feeling Okay

I'm not feeling okay these past few days. I've been afflicted with petty illnesses that have grown to become much of an annoyance.

Back pain has been one of my health problems eversince I started working in this industry. Everytime I'm not able to get enough sleep, my back aches and it feels like it's being impaled by a needle. Though my current work is relaxing, my lifestyle however can be identified as the culprit. Lately, I've been only getting at most 6 hours of sleep. Most of my time is spent on partying and I have also become quite busy with outdoor activities. Living alone in the metropolis is kinda lonely and partying and doing outdoor activites help me kill the boredom.

The pain in my back still lingers despite the number of Salonpas I've put on my back and Alaxan intake. I guess my body has already become immune to those medications. This back pain is recurring and has been tormenting me for a time. I can't believe I allowed myself to suffer its brunt for more than 2 weeks now. This has to stop. On my rest day, I plan to indulge my body to a soothing whole body massage. I hope this massage eradicates the pain.


Beside the back pain, I'm also racked with common colds. Our office is like a huge refrigerator, it's freaking cold inside. Since my shift ends at 1pm, when I go out of the office, the scorching heat of the sun awaits me. A sudden shift of temperature in our body causes a lot of illnesses and one of them is common colds. I hate common colds because nasal congestion always go with it. When you have nasal congestion, breathing has become a burden especially when you sleep. As far as I can recall, it's been more than a year since the last time I caught that illness. I was taking a particular vitamin that time but I discontinued it as it made me become hungry and sleepy, thus I gained weight. And I don't like it.

These sickness that I have right now indicate that my body's immune system has become deficient. These should serve as my wake up call to take good care of body. Eating a balanced diet and getting enough rest are the best ways to prevent these illnesses from recurring. And it should start today.

No comments: