Thursday, March 20, 2008

Pacman

I was raised in a family where playing games have been the common form of bonding moment during family gatherings. As I grew up, the love for sport was etched in my heart and thus I became a sport aficionado particularly in volleyball. In fact, I had played that sport in school competition when I was in my elementary years. I stopped playing it when I entered high school as I became busy with my academic requirements. Beside volleyball, I also have knowledge on how to play a variety of sports such as bowling, billiards, dart, soccer and tennis. Basically, I am a sport-minded person and an advocate for its cause.

However, there is this sport that is so popular in our country that I adhored the most. I hate it because for me, it doesn't really promote anything but only violence and hostility. Winning the game by striking heavy blows against the enemy until his body succumbs is despicable. It's no different to cockfight which is illegal in our country.

Despite my negative perception against boxing, we really can't deny the fact that this person has brought much pride and honor to our country. He has changed the way how foreigners thought of the Philippines, that it is nothing but a country striken with poverty and corruption. With his numerous victory in international boxing, he has made our country famous and has been dubbed as a nation of world-class boxers.

Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao deserves all the recognition a fellow Filipino can give to him. I am so proud of him and he has made me proud of being a Filipino.

No comments: