Friday, March 28, 2008

Ken Lee

My teammates have been cringing in laughter while blabbing about this Ken Lee video clip they saw in youtube. This video has piqued my curiosity so when our shift ended, I immediately went to Netopia to see it myself.

The video is about a girl's horrible English while auditioning for a singing competition called Bulgarian Idol. If Alyssa Allano's rendition of "Keys Me" was funny, Ken Lee's rendition of "Without You" was hilarious. It seems that someone has already snatched the title from Allysa.



Her accent in English is terribly bad that I hardly understood any word she uttered. If I was not familiar with the song she was singing, I would not know she was singing Mariah Carey's "Without You". Her pronunciation of the words "Can't Live" in the song sounded like "Ken Lee" and that's how the video got its title. Allysa is definitely much better in English than her.

This video made me realize that Filipinos are indeed the best speakers of English amongst all of the countries in the world where English is not their native language. Beside the cheap labor costs, I think our fluency in English is the primary reason why call centers abound in our country.

No comments: