Wednesday, March 26, 2008

American Idol

A Filipina has made it to the top 12 yet again in the highest rated singing competition in the planet, American Idol.

I am not an avid fan of that show or any reality show in particular but knowing that a fellow pinoy made it thus far, liking that show temporarily won't give a pain in my ass. Though I dont get to see it as often as I want to because of my schedule, I find ways on how I get myself updated about what's up with
Ramiele Malubay.

I'm proud of her more than the 2 previous Fil-Ams because she can really speak fluent Filipino. Unlike Camille Velasco and Jasmine Trias who barely speak their native tongue. Knowing that Ramiele knows our language and she even taught Ryan Seacrest speak a little Filipino on national television makes me feel that she's really proud of where she came from. Her presence in that show is a great manifestation that Filipinos are truly talented.

Ramiele has a talent and good looks and there is really a big chance that she would nail the title. I just hope that the Filipinos in the state would be united and support her. If she won't make it as the ultimate American Idol (I hope she would), making it to the top 3 is already so much for me.

How I wish we Filipinos in the Philippines can vote too. Being the texting capital of the world with over 25 million text messages sent on a daily basis, making Ramiele Malubay the winner is just a breeze.

2 comments:

Ely said...

Too bad, she just got cut yesterday. She was never in the bottom 3 before so it came as a surprise to me...

Anyway, i just added you in my link list. Glad to see my link in your side bar. Have fun blogging. Cheers!

chres said...

I really felt bad that she was eliminated. My interest in watching American Idol is starting to fade away now that she's out. Thanks for adding me to your link list. Cheers : )