Saturday, February 9, 2008

Email/Chat Support

Answering calls after another for the entire shift is just so exhausting and seems so difficult to do. Aside from the fact that you can't indulge to much in eating your favorite ice cream as you might lose your voice, being cursed to death by your customers aggravates the already irksome situation. These are the common reasons why working in a call center might no longer be desirable for most agents. I guess the only redeeming feature working here is the compensation package and nothing more.

Having worked on the phone for 2 years from 5 different call centers, I can already consider myself as a certified call center hopper. I find myself already tired and fed up from answering calls. I even begin to loathe answering our very own phone at home. But here I am still working in this business. The only reason why leaving this industry is so difficult for me is none other than the pay. I am pretty sure most call center agents would say the same thing.

Before you file your resignation and hop in to the next call center, why not try to apply for chat support? This job is similar to voice support but the only difference is that conversation is done through chat. Quite interesting, isn't it? I, myself is a chat support agent. I've been doing this for 3 months now and I am loving it. Hopefully, I would be staying here for good.

With this new job I have, worrying about my voice is already a history. I can now eat my favorite rocky road ice cream with chocolate syrup and minced almond peanuts on top of it anytime and as long as I want. As a hardcore party animal, partying there and everywhere is no longer an illusion. Oh lovely..

For those who have the same sentiments like me, I have listed below some of the call centers in the metro that have email/chat support positions. May you find that call center that will satisfy your pursuit of happiness.


TRANSCOM ASIA (NUCOMM INTERNATIONAL)
5/F. Ortigas Building, Ortigas Ave. Otigas Center, Pasig City

PARAGON INTERNATIONAL CONTACT CENTER
27/Flr. RCBC Tower 1, Ayala Ave. Makati City

SYKES ASIA
19/F One San Miguel Bldg., San Miguel Ave. cor. Shaw Blvd., Ortigas, Pasig City

ALORICA
33/F Wyunsum Corporate PlazaF. Ortigas Jr. Ave, Ortigas Center, Pasig City

ADVANCE CONTACT SOLUTIONS, INC.
9th, 10th, 11th, 18th and 20th Floor, Citibank Center, 8741 Paseo de Roxas Avenue

IBM DAKSH 3/F Edsa Central PavillionEDSA cor. Shaw Blvd.Mandaluyong City

No comments: