Friday, February 8, 2008

Call Center Humor

Call center agents are human beings too, prone to commit mistakes especially during a conversation. Despite the stringent training in English communication and constant exposure to native speakers of English over the phone, grammatical lapses in between conversation are sure to happen.

On the other hand, if agents have their own show of embarrassing yet funny moments, customers too have their own show of ignorance and stupidity. Truly, these humorous moments are one of the reasons why working in a call center is full of fun.


Here's a compilation of call center booboo's taken from different call center forums.
Have fun reading!!!


1. Sir, kindly state your first and last name starting off with your area code?

2. Sir, do you happen to remember your first name, please?

3. So how long is the camera?

4. Ma'am, please turn off all electrical appliances within the vicinity of your modem. This might be causing the interference.

5. Customer: So what do I do now?
Agent: Click on the OK button, and now let's keep our fingers crossed...

6. Customer: So are you a boy or a girl?
Agent: Well, let's just say a little bit of both....(Nyah!)

7. Sir, let us not tamper with the Safe mode. It was placed there for a purpose!

8. Customer: Mr. Stanley just stepped out of the house. This is his wife.
Agent: Can you ask him to step back in again, ma'am?

9. Customer: So do I turn the camera over?
Agent: Yes, sir. You would have to turn yourself over. Right, Sir.

10. Agent: (gave an assumptive question to get the billing add) So ma'am, you are still living at P.O. Box...
Customer: Honey, I dont live in a box. I have a house.

11. Agent: Do u have an email address?
Customer: Yes. it's blah blah blah, and then the LETTER 2 @aol.com

12. Agent: Im sorry ma'am but im not pulling up a listing for that exact match in my database. Not even for the address.
Caller : Can u give me credit for this call?
Agent: (checking service provider id) im sorry ma'am but youre using a payphone. I cant give u credit for this call Caller: I paid a goddamn dollar and fifty for this call! I want it back!
Agent: Well I cant make the coin go out of the phone ma'am.
Caller : I want my dollar and fifty!!!!
Agent: (exasperated) Please hold for the coin.

13. Cust: I have a problem with my internet, I can't connect.
Agent: What is your connection, is it a dial-up or a dsl
Cust: Its a dial-up.
Agent: When did you tried connecting?
Cust: Just now while talking to a friend.
Agent: How many phones do you have?
Cust: Just this one.
Agent: Have you tried connecting while not using your phone?
Cust: Do I need to do that?
Cust: Yes sir because your connection is dial-up.

14. Agent: What is your browser? Cust: Internet Exploder.

15. Agent: Ok lets fix your issue here... Kindly do this and "press any key" to boot from CD?
Cust: ahh.. I missed it... where's the "press any key" in my keyboard?!

16. Tech: Thank you for callin'.... (cust butts in irrately)
Cust: Why my keyboard is not arrange in alphabetical order?!

17. Agent: So sir, what seems to be the problem?
Cust: Help me remove Earthlink in my PC... Earthlink is slowly taking over my PC!

18. Cust: What's your supervisor's name?
Agent: darna Cust:Spell that?
Agent: d-a-r-n-a...darna of team 4
Cust: And what's your name?
Cust: Ding

19. Tech: Thank you for calling America Online, my name is Rick, how can I help you. Customer: My screen is very fuzzy and out out focus. It was fine yesterday, but a download from your company caused this. Tech: Well lets check a few things on your computer. (Customers Wife in the Distance: Dam it Jim, you've got my reading glasses again. Use your own.) Customer: Opps, sorry my fault, bye.

20. Agent: Thank you for calling .... how may I help you? Cust: I could not print. My computer is telling me that it could not find my printer. I moved the printer and placed it in front of my monitor but it still could not find my printer.




3 comments:

Jadie said...

Oh my god.. I had a good laugh with all the bloopers you have here..:)

By the way, thank you for visiting my blog..
Hope to see you there again..


blog.treiziethoughts.ws

chres said...

Thanks for your comment. I will always visit your blog.

escape said...

this post made me laugh out loud.