Thursday, May 8, 2008

Cheesy Me

zwani.com myspace graphic comments
Graphics for Emotional Comments

After I came home from the cathartic vacation to my hometown, the days following it had been remarkably different. Differrent in the sense that I had gone out of my comfort zone inadvertently.

My friends have always known me as a telenovela hater. I've already had so much drama in my life so why would I bother to add more to it. Besides these shows are too cheesy that is way beyond normal. But lately, they have noticed myself starting to deviate from what they have thought about me. I was nonchalant about their observation at first but as I listened to a romantic song one late evening, it dawned on me that indeed something has changed in me. Of course, I didn't change to something undesirable.

I have noticed that I started to become unbelievably sentimental and mushy. One time, my friends and I were together talking about the usual silly and puny things like celebrity gossips and rumors about a colleague of ours. They noticed I was quite, distant and seemed spaced out while the rest of them had a great time slandering. And then I broke my silence and started talking about family, relationship and forgiveness and other chessy stuff. The look on their faces suggested they were dumbfounded and then they started laughing. Questions like what happened to me, why I was talking that way, what have I eaten and stuff like that were hurled towards me.

Honestly, I was not like that before. I was never sentimental and I rarely talk about mushy topics about family, love and whatnot. I guess, my realization to my family's status quo and my effort to strengthen the bond between us has changed me spirituality and emotionally. And this affected the way how I deal with the people around me lately. I sort of snapped out of being a tad shallow and I started to act maturely. Anyway, there's nothing wrong with being mawkishly amorous, right?

3 comments:

Ely said...

I hate watching telenovelas too. And yes, there's nothing wrong with being sentimental... i tend to get emo (sometimes) also. :)

chres said...

Hi Ely, thanks for dropping by. : )

Unknown said...

madalas ako mamura ng nanay ko dati sa tuwing tatangkain kong ilipat ang channel ng tv.

walang kwenta manood ng mga ganyan, manonood na lang ako ng doraemon.

-oooops by the way, transcom ka pa rin ba? do they accept newbies there?

thanks. :)